A poor rookie season followed by a tough start to this year had Trevor Lawrence fans and collectors worried long-term, but Jacksonville’s recent winning streak has revitalized card prices for the former No.1 overall pick.
Read about Lawrence and other trending cards and players in this week’s NFL Market Movers update.
Cards listed below are PSA 10s with a minimum average of $30 and 10 sales over the last 30 days.
PRICE GROWTH PERCENTAGE RISERS
1. Jarrett Stidham 2019 Prizm Base PSA 10 📈 569%
3. Baker Mayfield 2018 Optic Base PSA 10 📈 249%
5. Trevor Lawrence 2021 Mosaic Green PSA 10 📈 164%
LAWRENCE HEATS UP: After losing seven of their first 10, the Jaguars have rattled off wins in four straight games — and five of six — and suddenly sit at 8-8 on the season. Trevor Lawrence has been exceptional over those last six games, completing 68% of his passes for 1,567 yards, 11 touchdowns and just two interceptions.
After a poor rookie season and an uneven start to this year, Lawrence has taken a massive leap and now looks like he might be everything Jacksonville had hoped for when they selected him No. 1 overall back in 2021.
Lawrence’s card market has adjusted accordingly, and his key rookies across Prizm, Optic and Donruss are all up over the last month. Overall, his PSA 10s tracked by Market Movers are up 36% collectively over that same period.
PRICE GROWTH PERCENTAGE DECLINERS
5. Jordan Love 2020 Prizm Disco PSA 10 📉 54%
WATSON DIPS: Deshaun Watson‘s card market got a bump leading up to his return to the field, but things haven’t exactly gone super well in Cleveland. The Browns are just 3-2 in Watson’s five starts this season, and in those five games he’s topped 200 passing yards just once and thrown for multiple TDs just once.
Watson’s off-the-field issues present a unique challenge for his card market, so it’s not shocking to see things dip drastically at the first sign of resistance. His PSA 10s tracked by Market Movers are down 29% collectively over the last 30 days, and that Optic Base, which has been a key target for many collectors and investors, is down the most at 73% over the same period.
DOLLAR GROWTH RISERS
3. Tom Brady 2000 Skybox Impact Base PSA 10 📈 $100
5. Josh Allen 2018 Prizm Base PSA 10 📈 $93
KEY BURROW AUTO: Joe Burrow‘s Contenders Rookie Ticket Auto popping up here is a refreshing change of pace. This space is often filled with Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes — that hasn’t really changed — but it’s actually interesting to see a higher-end card pop up rather than massive bumps on base cards.
When thinking about the most important cards a player will have at the end of their career, Contenders Rookie Ticket Autos are often near the top — so it’s really nice to see the market actually targeting one of Burrow’s cards with super long-term value over a high-population Prizm Base or Optic Base. Those cards are certainly strong additions to most collections, but this auto is one that could have a serious impact on Burrow’s market if he’s Hall-of-Fame bound a decade from now.
DOLLAR GROWTH DECLINERS
1. Tua Tagovailoa 2020 Optic Holo PSA 10 📉 $123
5. Travis Kelce 2013 Prizm Base PSA 10 📉 $93
TUA FATIGUE? Tua Tagovailoa was at one point the most popular player in the sports card hobby, but things have changed drastically over the last month. The Dolphins have suddenly lost five straight games after starting the season 8-3, and like many fans and collectors have feared, Tagovailoa is back in concussion protocol.
He’s been fantastic when healthy, but the health variable has always been a major issue, and the card market for Tagovailoa has softened in a major way over the last 30 days. Over that timeframe, his PSA 10s tracked by Market Movers are down 16% collectively across over 300 sales, and his key rookies from Prizm, Optic, Donruss and Select are all trending down over the last month.
SALES VOLUME LEADERS
1. Trevor Lawrence 2021 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 169 sales
2. Josh Allen 2018 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 131 sales
3. Joe Burrow 2020 Prizm Base PSA 10 📈 119 sales
4. Josh Allen 2018 Score Base PSA 10 📈 101 sales
5. Joe Burrow 2020 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 99 sales
POPULAR SEALED WAX (HOBBY BOXES WITH MIN. 10 SALES OVER LAST 30 DAYS)
1. 2022 Absolute Football 📈 33%
2. 2022 Certified Football 📈 46%
3. 2022 Origins Football 📈 27%
4. 2022 Score Football 📈 22%
5. 2022 Elite Football 📈 44%
MARKET PULSE INDEXES OVER LAST 30 DAYS
Football 2018-2020: 📈 6%
- KEY RISER: Josh Allen 2018 Prizm Base PSA 10 📈 20%
- KEY DECLINER: Tua Tagovailoa 2020 Prizm Base PSA 10 📉 61%
Football 2010-2017: 📉 6%
- KEY RISER: Patrick Mahomes 2017 Select Premier Level PSA 10 📈 11%
- KEY DECLINER: Deshaun Watson 2017 Optic Base PSA 10 📉 73%
Football 2000-2009: 📉 3%
- KEY RISER: Tom Brady 2000 Bowman Base PSA 10 📈 25%
- KEY DECLINER: Tom Brady 2000 Bowman Chrome Base PSA 10 📉 21%
Football 1990-1999: 📉 1%
- KEY RISER: Peyton Manning 1998 Topps Chrome Base PSA 10 📈 49%
- KEY DECLINER: Emmitt Smith 1990 Score Supplemental Base PSA 10 📉 9%
Football 1980-1989: 📉 2%
- KEY RISER: Jim McMahon 1983 Topps Base PSA 10 📈 60%
- KEY DECLINER: Jerry Rice 1986 Topps Base PSA 9 📉 13%
Football 1979 & Older: 📈 2%
- KEY RISER: Ken Anderson 1973 Topps Base PSA 8 📈 59%
- KEY DECLINER: Dave Casper 1977 Topps Base PSA 8 📉 57%
With the Sports Card Investor app, you can profit from the hobby you love by keeping up with trending cards, tracking real-time prices with Market Movers and buying items on eBay. Download the industry-leading app here for Apple or Android
Note to readers: If you purchase something through one of our affiliates, we may earn a commission.