While Trevor Lawrence needed some comeback magic to keep his card prices trending up, Patrick Mahomes hasn’t even needed to play a playoff game yet to see his market start rising again.
Read about Lawrence, Mahomes and more trending cards and players in this week’s NFL Market Movers update.
Cards listed below are PSA 10s with a minimum average of $30 and 10 sales over the last 30 days.
PRICE GROWTH PERCENTAGE RISERS
5. Daniel Jones 2019 Prizm Base PSA 10 📈 175%
LAWRENCE KEEPS RISING: Trevor Lawrence appearing here is probably a little exhausting for some collectors, but he’s been one of the most popular players in the hobby over the last month. The Jaguars finished the regular season with five straight wins, and Jacksonville’s historic comeback over the Chargers has only helped carry Lawrence’s card market.
His four first-half interceptions nearly buried the Jags, but a massive second-half rally ended LA’s season, 31-30, and it’s hard to see Lawrence’s market going down immediately after. It’s of course important to remember that now the Jaguars face Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, so while a market decline may not happen quickly, it could pick up velocity if Lawrence’s season ends on Saturday.
In the meantime, however, his PSA 10s tracked by Market Movers are up 41% collectively over the last 30 days. With extremely low populations on his Prizm, Optic and Select cards, his Donruss variations have been key targets for many collectors. Lawrence’s 2021 Donruss Press Proof Premium PSA 10 is up over 200% over the last month and is now selling for over $240 while his Donruss Base PSA 10 has been the most popular PSA 10 tracked by Market Movers based on volume over that same period.
PRICE GROWTH PERCENTAGE DECLINERS
DOLLAR GROWTH RISERS
1. Patrick Mahomes 2017 Optic Base PSA 10 📈 $296
2. Justin Fields 2021 Prizm Silver PSA 10 📈 $204
5. Patrick Mahomes 2017 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 $133
PLAYOFF MAHOMES: There have been so many storylines this NFL season that it’s easy to forget that Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs cruised to a 14-3 regular-season record and the No. 1 seed in the AFC. But with the playoffs here, collectors have again turned their attention to Mahomes and his stellar card market.
It’s always interesting to examine how his cards perform strictly because of the price — even a small percentage drop can cause any of his flagship rookies to appear among the largest dollar amount decliners based on the simple fact that a 10% drop may be a $200 dip.
Several of his cards have been moving in a positive direction lately, though, with his PSA 10 rookies tracked by Market Movers collectively up 14% over the last 30 days. His 2017 Donruss Base PSA 10 and 2017 Optic Base PSA 10 have been big risers over the last month — his Donruss has jumped over $130 in price and is now floating around $930 while that Optic Base is back up over $1,100.
DOLLAR GROWTH DECLINERS
1. Justin Herbert 2020 Optic Holo PSA 10 📉 $129
HERBERT’S DIVE CONTINUES: Lawrence has been the big winner lately, and unfortunately Justin Herbert sort of had to lose for that to happen. Overall, Herbert’s PSA 10 rookies tracked by Market Movers are down 1.4% collectively, but his more popular base cards haven’t been impacted as much as you’d think. His key base PSA 10s from Optic, Prizm and Select are actually all positive over the last 30 days, so his more expensive lineup of parallels have been the negative force driving things down.
Herbert’s 2020 Optic Holo PSA 10 has been the biggest decliner over the last month with a 19% dip while his Blue Scope and Blue Hyper are both down about 18% each. Those holding Herbert are probably frustrated that several color matches are down this much, but injury issues, a mediocre offense, and an early playoff exit will do that to a player’s card market.
SALES VOLUME LEADERS
1. Trevor Lawrence 2021 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 190 sales
2. Josh Allen 2018 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 142 sales
3. Joe Burrow 2020 Prizm Base PSA 10 📈 110 sales
4. Justin Herbert 2020 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 104 sales
5. Joe Burrow 2020 Donruss Base PSA 10 📈 102 sales
POPULAR SEALED WAX (HOBBY BOXES WITH MIN. 10 SALES OVER LAST 30 DAYS)
1. 2022 Certified Football 📈 46%
2. 2022 Absolute Football 📉 1%
3. 2022 Origins Football 📈 6%
4. 2022 Select Draft Picks Football 📈 15%
5. 2022 Elite Football 📈 19%
MARKET PULSE INDEXES OVER LAST 30 DAYS
Football 2018-2020: 📈 12%
- KEY RISER: Josh Allen 2018 Optic Base PSA 10 📈 22%
- KEY DECLINER: Jalen Hurts 2020 Prizm Base PSA 10 📉 28%
Football 2010-2017: 📈 4%
- KEY RISER: Patrick Mahomes 2017 Prizm Silver PSA 10 📈 15%
- KEY DECLINER: Derrick Henry 2016 Prizm Silver PSA 10 📉 16%
Football 2000-2009: 📉 5%
- KEY RISER: Tom Brady 2000 Bowman Base PSA 9 📈 24%
- KEY DECLINER: Calvin Johnson 2007 Topps Chrome Base PSA 10 📉 36%
Football 1990-1999: 📈 5%
- KEY RISER: Brett Favre 1991 Stadium Club Base PSA 10 📈 38%
- KEY DECLINER: John Lynch 1993 SP Base PSA 10 📉 32%
Football 1980-1989: 📈 3%
- KEY RISER: Barry Sanders 1989 Score Base PSA 10 📈 28%
- KEY DECLINER: Jim McMahon 1983 Topps Base PSA 10 📉 38%
Football 1979 & Older: 📉 1%
- KEY RISER: Don Maynard 1961 Topps Base PSA 8 📈 32%
- KEY DECLINER: Dan Fouts 1975 Topps Base PSA 9 📉 18%
With the Sports Card Investor app, you can profit from the hobby you love by keeping up with trending cards, tracking real-time prices with Market Movers and buying items on eBay. Download the industry-leading app here for Apple or Android
Note to readers: If you purchase something through one of our affiliates, we may earn a commission.